I love ambush videos, especially if it puts smiles on people’s faces.
The above clip proves that pizza can be a force of good in the world. Here’s why that video is awesome:
1. C’mon, it’s New York pizza! No better pizza on the planet.
2. I grew up taking the subway in Manhattan and would never think to eat pizza while riding. (hi, germs.)
3. People make fun of me because I’m a New Yorker who folds my pizza. Trust me… I ain’t the only one.
4. As a product of two improv season classes, I approve. I had to dig up the post on Gothamist to make sure those guys really weren’t MTA officials.
5. Pizza as a smile-maker. They didn’t raise any money, but does it really matter in this case?
This bit by Improv Everywhere in New York apparently grew out of Charlie Todd‘s love for his neighborhood pizzeria. “I lived a block away from Pizza Suprema for 10 years,” he told Gothamist. “It’s awesome. Next time you’re in the Penn Station area give it a visit.”
We most certainly will.