5 Reasons to Come See Me at Decatur Book Festival!
I have the great privilege to appear at the Emerging Authors Pavilion tomorrow (Sunday) from 3:20 – 3:30 p.m. My great thanks to Philip Rafshoon and Cindy Ellsbury for the opportunity! Why should you come to DBF during my appearance? I’m glad you asked!
1. The event is awesome. DBF is the largest independent book festival in the country, and one of the five-largest overall. I’ve attended in past years and it’s tremendously rewarding and fun—even if you’re not a book nerd. (more)
2. Free swag. I’m offering either a free t-shirt or baseball cap to the first 10 folks who buy a signed copy of “Pizza for Good” in print. For more on what these look like, go to my Etsy store. Just after my presentation, I’ll be signing books at the signing table.
3. Learn about “Chowfunding.” In the brief time I have on stage, I’ll retell the moment when I explained—on a tennis court no less—how “Pizza for Good” is a new combo-model of fundraising and chowing down. Hence, “Chowfunding.” I wrote a whole post about it here.
4. Mingle with great peeps. The atmosphere at DBF is friendly, vibrant and inviting. You’ll make new friends and have the opportunity to see some very cool up-and-coming folks, as well as some established authors and writers.
5. Digital bonus. Buyers of the print edition also will get a 75% coupon on the PFG digital edition, which has embedded video, additional professional photography (by me and Lorikay Stone). I’ll include a card with the coupon right there on-site. Here’s a video with bloopers in the making of the embedded video:
6. Hugs. You get a BONUS sixth reason to come see me: hugs. I’m darn good at them, and I want to thank everyone for supporting me through this crazy ride of first-time authorship. Come and get ’em!
Click over to my profile on the DBF website, or have a look at the Explore tab on this site. Both will give you great background as we go in to the fall season—which will be chock full of PFG events and news. Hope to see you tomorrow!